[IPp] Tip: for school bus rides

I recently mentioned this to someone on the list and they suggested I post
this tip.
I transport my children myself to school due to the 40 min ride; but they are
on the bus route. In the 504 we have a plan should I want to utilize the bus
at anytime.
I have for Tim if Colleen is sick... but we made it the whole year without
Colleen using the bus... which at this age, gave me peace of mind. They do
inform the driver
at the beginning of the year about by children and to stop if we are outside.
Here's the tip-
We laminate a 8x11 sheet with the most recent school picture, and information
about Tim or Colleen's needs on the bus... symptoms, actions, contact info,
The child hand's this to the driver when boarding and retrieves it when
The bus must also have a working radio or cell phone.
That way even if its the regular driver where mine do not ride regularly they
have the info they need and subs would be definetly informed. I also inform
the nurse that she
would be riding that day and she can track the arrival and also any
She also needs to sit in front and has a bus buddy the next child picked up 4
houses down ... who's dad has diabetes. Tim buddy is her brother. I did
contact their mom and asked if she minded them designated as the bus buddy
and she said fine.
Just thought I would share.

San, momma to Colleen 6 dx 10/99, Timothy 8 preD 2/01,
wife to Den, Massachusetts, CWD list member since 99.-