[IPp] Re: water park field trip

Janice writes:
<<My son, Paul, is 8 and has been pumping for two years. We disconnect and do

not give extra insulin to cover the missed basal. He usually runs low and
needs snacks despite being disconnected. We test often and correct if the
numbers creep up, but they rarely do.>>

Claire is also 8 and has been pumping 14 months.  We handle things exactly as
Janice does if Claire disconnects for swimming.  Sometimes she will keep her
pump on, but prefers to remove it.  I only let her remove it when I know it
will be safe, which meant she keeps it on at water parks.   We don't test
extra often, have found it isn't necessary.  She will feel the lows and we
treat with about 8 grams of carbs.
Barbara, Mum of Claire 8