Re: [IPp] IEP

Our school nurse did come to pump training, she has been great. But his
school teacher for this past year, did not get any training, the principal
did not think anyone other than the nurse needed any. He said for me to just
tell them the warning signs of high and low blood sugar. But I am thinking
that for the start of this new year in the fall, that I should request his
kindergarten teacher (he is repeating grade k) to get some training on
Diabetes, just the basics and about the pump and the alarms, so that if it
ever alarms she wont panic. But the whole school usually sends him to the
nurse with any questions about his blood sugars or pump problems.
And in the event the nurse is out sick, which did not happen at all this
year....then I would come in to test and bolus.
They said that only the school nurse can test and touch his pump, because she
is the nurse.
Pump-mommy to Matthew (5) dx 3/99, pumping-Paradigm since 5/1/02
and to Victoria (7), non-D
West Hartford, Conn.