Re: [IPp] IEP

In a message dated 6/16/2002 8:23:49 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Should I let this go, or should I push for another
>  meeting with the principal there and have it all signed????
I'm not Michael, but I'll throw in my 2 cents worth . . .  I'm all for
getting things documented and signed, but as a mom my focus has always been
on getting people TRAINED . . .

My daughter has now gone through two school years with diabetes (and already
had an IEP for two years prior to that for her dyslexia) and what I've found
is that signed paperwork is a necessary beginning in case you find that
school personnel are not providing proper care for your child as the school
year progresses (and with you child being only 5 this is a much bigger issue
than even for my daughter who was 9 at dx).  But once you've got that, making
sure that you or someone you trust (such as your CDE or a pump trainer from
your pump company) is doing the training is, IMO, the most essential step to
ensuring your child's health and safety. After that, maintaining good
communication on an ongoing basis will go a long way towards keeping skills
fresh and realtionships positive . . .  Goodluck to you!

Pumpmama to Katie