[IPp] re: At the beach - insulin temp

<<At the beach, there are really two concerns - what the water and/or sand
does to the pump, and what the heat does to the insulin.....And as far as
the heat, the insulin can handle up to about 90 degrees.  If it's hotter than
that, we usually have a cooler of drinks anyways, and just drop the pump into
cooler.  ......>>

We live in Central Texas, and temperatures are routinely above 90 degrees for a
large part of the year.  My 7 year old has been pumping for over a year.  If
he's disconnected, then we definitely keep the pump in a cooler, but if it's
connected to him, we've seen no problems with the insulin in heat, even when
he's running around outside most of a day....and I mean 7am to 8:30pm kind of
days.  Just wanted to add that in case anyone new was worried that they
couldn't get a pump if they live in a hot place.

Do You Yahoo!?