[IPp] water park field trip

I would really appreciate some advice on this -- our first attempt at
disconnecting for what will probably be more than an hour and we are so
inexperienced at this point...

Jeremy's (non-diabetes)camp is going on a field trip to a local water park
this week.   His head counselor has been great with frequent blood testing,
covering lows, bolusing for meals, snacks and a few highs (just finished our
first week pumping).

Due to the hectic nature of water parks and the newness of the pump to all
involved, I am going to meet them at the water park so that I am available
for hands-on assitance with Jeremy.  My primary reason is so that I can make
sure he boluses for missed basals and/or correcting high b.g. readings.  I
need to do this for my peace of mind.

Here's what I am thinking we will do:
- test when he arrives
- disconnect (he typically goes low swimming)
- re-test after 45-60 mins
- bolus to correct high b.g. readings and/or lunch

Should I do the above as well as bolus him when he gets there for the missed
basal amount for the first disconnected hour?  I figured that if I
front-load the missed basal before he even starts, that might make him go

Also, if he reconnects to bolus for lunch, will he still run the risk of
going high, since he will not be connected while his food is digesting (he
won't be needing a dual or square wave for his lunch).

Thanks so much for helping with your advice!

mom to Jeremy, 8 (dx'd 12/00, pumping 6/7/02)