Re: [IPp] Re: Pump Poll

In a message dated 6/14/02 9:27:48 AM Central Daylight Time, email @ redacted

> Jake is usually very "private" about his site, not wanting anyone to see it
> except family.  We passed a milestone yesterday when the temp hit 94, and
> Jake took part in sprinkler activities with his 2yr old niece.  Shirt off
> and
> wholehearted laughing.  It was a heartwarming site to his father and I.
> It's
> been a long year!

Judy, Zachary (12) was rather private about his site too.  He's
been pumping since 2/14/02.    We use Quick-Sets and he was
doing them in his abdomen.   Well the pool opened here and
we're there 6 days a week for 2-5 hours a day.   The first
few days he did his best to ignore the port in the water, but
cover it with his arm/hand when out of the pool, reconnect
to pump and hide the pump under a towel, etc.   That lasted
about a week and he just finally (after we kept reassuring him
that nobody was noticing it and the ones that were knew what
it was and were thrilled he'd gone on it) gave up and quit
hiding it.   Last week though we finally convinced him to allow
me to insert it somewhere besides his abdomen.  We're
rotating upper/outer thighs right now.   The port is fully
covered by his swimsuit while in the pool and he's happier.

Barbara A. Petzoldt - Pump Mama to Zachary (12)
Fenton, MO