[IPp] Re: Pump Poll

My son is 13, very athletic, and dealing with excessive sweating, acne, etc.
He has very little body fat.   He uses the Micro softsets.  Jake practiced
with the Quickset, but they were back ordered and not available at his pump
start, so he was sent the micros, and has chosen to stay with them.  He uses
the insertion device, the IV prep, and uses both of the tapes that come in
the set package, placing the tapes opposite directions on his abdomen for
added safety( we have had sets pulled out by hockey sticks, arms of chairs,
and misc. PE equiptment).  He easily pulls out the set when it is time to
change, if any redness, rash, itching appear, we use Neosporin, and it
usually is gone within 12hrs.

Jake is usually very "private" about his site, not wanting anyone to see it
except family.  We passed a milestone yesterday when the temp hit 94, and
Jake took part in sprinkler activities with his 2yr old niece.  Shirt off and
wholehearted laughing.  It was a heartwarming site to his father and I.  It's
been a long year!

Judy, mom to Jake, 13. pumping since 8/01