Re: [IPp] pump poll

Shanna,

This info applies to my son who is 12, but small for his age.   He's only
been
pumping since February.

<<What kind of set do you use and why?>>
  We use the Quick-Sets.   Zach  refused to even consider the pump after
   seeing a few other kids get ones that used the silhouettes.   The
Quick-Sets
   are great because disconnecting is easy and there isn't any tail left
hanging
   on him to bother him while he's showering or swimming.

<<Do you use an insertion device to put that set in? >>
    Yes.   We have the inserter for the Quick-Sets.   But, you don't
    really need one if you don't want to use it.   They go straight in,
    so it would be the same action like a pushpin into a bulletin board.

<< Do you use any sort of skin barrier (ie IV 3000)? >>
We just use IV-Prep.

<<Do you use any extra tape or adhisives?>>
Nope.

<<If you do you extra tape or adhesives, do you use them all the time or just

for things like swimming?>>
So far, (and we've been swimming for two weeks now with an average of
2-5 hours a day there)  we've only lost one port.

<< Do you use anything to remove the sight (ie baby oil)? >>
We use baby oil.   Zach being a typical boy wasn't scrubbing the
adhesive off well enough and would come out of the shower with gray rings
every few nights after a site change.   With the baby oil, we just put a few
drops on the cotton ball and even he can get it to wipe off real easy.

Sincerely,

Barbara A. Petzoldt - Pump Mama to Zachary (12)
Fenton, MO