RE: [IPp] Re: limited site useage--Novolog

We have an A1c to report for Humalog vs. Novalog.  We started Novalog in
April.  Our A1c's in January were 8.5 on Humalog.  Just 6 weeks after
starting Novalog, the A1c was down one full point to 7.5!  We expect it to
be even better in September.  Our numbers are more consistent and sites are
lasting longer.  We are very pleased with the results!

Kelley L. Wright
Houston, Texas
Mom to Christopher - 5 1/2, dx'd 5/99, pumping with MM508 1/02, Jordan - 3,
and expecting in October!

>      We have been extremely pleased with the Novolog.  Her numbers have
> been
> really stable, and now that we are in our third month of using it I am
> letting myself believe that this might be permanent!!  Claire did not
> experience early site failure with Humalog, but had very erratic bgs at
> times.  Other times things were as expected and so it was very
frustrating.

To add to Barb's comments: Melissa too made the switch a few months ago &
now
that her diet living home for the summer is healthier than the dorm
food/eating out regimen of the past school year, we too are seeing a
definite
difference over the Humalog. The postprandials are nowhere near as high, her

sites last longer & other than generally "explain-able" weird fluctuations,
her bgs are overall much better. Stay tuned for an A1C in mid-August!
Regards
Renee (pump mom to 19 yr old Melissa)