Re: [IPp] Got our letter---now we're upset

In a message dated 6/11/02 7:39:37 PM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:
<<> She said that she would not change anything unless it was written by
a doctor, so I out smarted her, and had our > Endo write up an order stating
what his current rates are, and adding that it > is subject to change per the
advice of the parent.  She did not like that > much, but hey, it was doctors

I finally got them to accept a Dr's order that had a range to it as I found
out that other nurses in the District at the High School level were accepting
these.   It said something like I could make changes in his lunch boluses as
long as they were within a range of  .6u per 15 carb grams and  1.0u per 15
carb grams.    And the correctional bolus could use a formula of
anywhere from dividing by 80 to dividing by 120.   Whenever I want
to make one of these changes that fall within these ranges I have to
complete a school med form and send it in.

The nurses were livid for a while and it took administration to finally
tell them that those were the Dr.'s orders and they had to accept it.

Barbara A. Petzoldt - Pump Mama to Zachary (12)
Fenton, MO