Re: [IPp] Does any one use Tegaderm or other transparent Dressings

Megan liked it alot better with the transparent
dressing, and the last 2 changes we have cut a hole in
the dressing, I just kind of fold it in half and clip
of a small bit of the center and then neaten it up
making it about the size of a dime(maybe a little
smaller) but it is large enough for us to center the
needle(we take the backing of the sets tape before we
put the needle to her skin) Megan is getting pretty
good at doing the insertations herself, however, she
gets in a hurry and we always have a crease in the
tape on the set.  (we have had to change several
times, she uses alot of insulin, I've learned we might
as well change the cartiage every time, to get the
longest usage in a site.  I hate to have her stomach
full of holes, and she won't dare put them any where

>From Allison:

   I think next
> time, we will stick with
> sandwich method for sure and I will cut the hole in
> first tape (don't wanna
> push our luck!).  I just have to figure out how I
> will find that hole when
> the inserter thing is blocking my view.  Any
> suggestions?

Do You Yahoo!?