Re: Subject: [IPp] limited site useage

> I have been so tempted to change Amelia's insulin from humalog to
> Novolog but her next endo appointment isn't until August.  Her
> numbers just aren't where I want them to be and her sites only last
> 2-3 days.  We received a bottle of Novolog in her "camp freebies"
> and I am wanting to try it over the weekend when I am home and with
> her 24/7.  Any suggestions from those of you that have switched
> insulins?  Any advice is greatly appreciated.  Also, would her basal
> stay the same or change.  I may put a call into her doctor today and
> see if he will give an okay over the phone but he travels from
> clinic to clinic and is hard to connect with at times. Cheri, Mom to
> Amelia, pumping 18 months! Subject: [IPp] limited site useage

I have a couple of dozen reports from people that have switched. A
few have seen decreases in insulin requirements so this is something
you need to watch for. My daughter had one of the biggest decreases
of the group --- a 30% reduction. This is atypical, many people
report no change at all. When you make the switch, just watch for
lows and be prepared to lower basal rates and increase bolus ratios
proportionally if needed.