Re: [IPp] Glucowatch

In a message dated 6/10/02 11:12:48 AM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> . It would definitely help keep him under better control
> to wear it at night, but it was going to put us in a bind that was worth it
> if it woke him w/ low alarms, but since it's not, I'm still going to have
> get up and check on him every 2 hours or sleep w/ him.(and that's not cool
> anymore to an 11 yr old!) Trena (mom to Jake 11)
What about while you are working to change his nighttime basils
you had him camp-out in your bedroom?   You know, sleeping bag
on the floor, etc.?   This way, he'd be close enough for you to
hear the alarms, but not actually sleeping in Mom/Dad's bed.

Zach does that whenever he is sick, and spent the entire month
on January doing it (before the pump) when he was in almost
constant DKA.

Barbara A. Petzoldt - Pump Mama to Zachary (12)
Fenton, MO