Re: [IPp] Re: pop-digest V1 #90

Just a thought of what might help you hear the alarms
at night, is it possible you could use a baby monitor
in his room with the speaker in your room so you could
hear it?

> Carol, The watch is wonderful for checking your bg's
> every 20 min., but it
> doesn't alarm loud enough to wake Jake at all or me
> in the next room. It will
> wake me though if he sleeps w/ us. It hurts a little
> taking it off, but
> hasn't left marks on Jake like some said it would.
> It would not be practical
> for him to use in the daytime, he sweats easily and
> plays hard. We strictly
> wanted it for the alarm for LOWS in the night. I'm
> calling today to see if we
> can send it back and Cygnus turn the volume up
> especially for us on just our
> watch. It's not complicated, but kind of like the
> pump at first; you have to
> learn the programs and buttons and you have to
> change sites each use.  It's a
> great idea for people who have office jobs and can
> stay cool or to get your
> basals fine tuned. That's what we are doing now w/
> it. Jake has always been
> on 0.8 for 24 hrs and we are trying to set them
> differently for night and
> day. We've been fighting lows during the day since
> summer started. They have
> a 30 day money back guarantee and it's definitely
> worth trying. We haven't
> made up our minds yet. It would definitely help keep
> him under better control
> to wear it at night, but it was going to put us in a
> bind that was worth it
> if it woke him w/ low alarms, but since it's not,
> I'm still going to have to
> get up and check on him every 2 hours or sleep w/
> him.(and that's not cool
> anymore to an 11 yr old!) Trena (mom to Jake 11)

> HELP@insulin-pumpers.org
> help SUPPORT Insulin Pumpers

=====

Long Distance Phone Rate---4.5 cents per minute

Toll Free Long Distance to Your Home---4.5 cents per minute

Internet Service---$12.50/month    Calling Cards,cellphones, Computers

Click here-->http://www.prudentline.com