[IPp] Re: pop-digest V1 #90

In a message dated 6/8/2002 7:41:33 AM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Trena,
> How did the Glucowatch work last night?  Dying to know since I'm thinking of
> getting one.

Carol, The watch is wonderful for checking your bg's every 20 min., but it
doesn't alarm loud enough to wake Jake at all or me in the next room. It will
wake me though if he sleeps w/ us. It hurts a little taking it off, but
hasn't left marks on Jake like some said it would. It would not be practical
for him to use in the daytime, he sweats easily and plays hard. We strictly
wanted it for the alarm for LOWS in the night. I'm calling today to see if we
can send it back and Cygnus turn the volume up especially for us on just our
watch. It's not complicated, but kind of like the pump at first; you have to
learn the programs and buttons and you have to change sites each use.  It's a
great idea for people who have office jobs and can stay cool or to get your
basals fine tuned. That's what we are doing now w/ it. Jake has always been
on 0.8 for 24 hrs and we are trying to set them differently for night and
day. We've been fighting lows during the day since summer started. They have
a 30 day money back guarantee and it's definitely worth trying. We haven't
made up our minds yet. It would definitely help keep him under better control
to wear it at night, but it was going to put us in a bind that was worth it
if it woke him w/ low alarms, but since it's not, I'm still going to have to
get up and check on him every 2 hours or sleep w/ him.(and that's not cool
anymore to an 11 yr old!) Trena (mom to Jake 11)