Re: [IPp] Does any one use Tegaderm or other transparent Dressings

In a message dated 6/9/2002 5:56:16 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> What I am wanting to know is
>  anyone else using this dressing-or tegaderm.  Megan
>  says the set seems more secure to her with the
>  dressing there.  I just want to know if anyone using
>  it is cutting it before putting it on or are they
>  letting the needle pierce through it- she is using
>  ultra flex sets which she thinks she will like better
>  than the ones put in at an angle-

What combination of infusion set, dressings, tapes, skin preps, and/or
adhesive a pumper uses is a very individual thing.  Many pumpers laydown a
dressing and insert right through it as you are doing and many prefer a
"straight in" set like the Ultra flex over an angled-insertion type of set .
. . and many do not.  Some pumpers even use a different set
/dressing/adehesive/etc. combination depending on the location of the
infusion site.  As I said, it truly is an individual thing.

If something is working for your daughter, stick with it.  If at sometime
down the road it's not working as well for some reason, there are a lot of
options -- so don't feel like you're stuck with any one way of doing things.
Good luck on the pump start!  The first few weeks can be tough, but it really
is worth it in the end!

Pumpmama to Katie