Re: [IPp] silhouette's

In a message dated 6/8/2002 8:41:31 AM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> alisha is 12 3/4 yrs old, we are currently using rapids, 6mm and 110 cm long
> tubing.
> she also uses ultra flex similar to the rapids but has a canula, these must
> be made of different material than the sils and soft sets, micro sets are
> as
> they don't leave a red mark, a small hole yes, but no redness.
> she has tried about every thing on the market except two that i know of,
> and
> that is the bent needle, (she refused) and the new rapids that do
> disconnect,
> we just haven't gotten any yet.
> she hasn't used the quicksets with the inserter either, but we didn't have
> good luck without one either.
> kathy

We use the Ultraflex, too. We used to use the Rapids, but Paul likes the feel
of the plastic cannula vs. the Rapids needle. A question for you or anyone
else who may encounter this same problem: When I remove Paul's sites,
adhesive from the Ultraflex leaves dark black marks on his skin. I remove the
excess adhesive with soap and water but I have to rub really hard to do that.
Is there anything that works better?

Janice, mother of Paul, DX at 20 months, now 8 and pumping since July 2000