[IPp] Re: pop-digest V1 #86

In a message dated 6/3/2002 12:10:21 PM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> We've been having a little problem with insertion sets pulling out in the
> pool.  Devin (13) and his brother, (8) are very active in the pool with
> basketball and horseing around.  Devin's sets have come out several times.
> Have tried using Skin Bond, but still get pulled out.  Any suggestions?

What kind of sets is Devin using? We use Quicksets and haven't had any
problems w/ losing sites. We do have problems w/ highs though when he swims
for hours  w/ his pump disconnected. Jake did better today, I stuck a note up
under the clock for the lifeguard to remind Jake to check at 2:00 and 4:00
and he bolused and stayed under 200. He loves Wed.(no baseball practice or
games-swims forever)
This is changing the subject, but I'm so excited, Jake's Glucowatch will be
here tomorow. I hope and pray it will be everything they've made it out to
be. We really don't have many LOW problems at night, but after 4 seizures in
7 years I'm still paranoid that I'm going to let it happen again. The low
alarm sounds to good to be true, but I'm praying! He is only going to wear it
evening and nights because of sweating. I'll keep everyone posted. Trena (mom
to Jake 11)