Re: [IPp] Paradigm batteries

We use the Paradigm and yes the battery life is about 3 wks.  I have only
used the Energizer batteries, but according to the pump trainer from Minimed,
you can use other batteries. They recommend Energizer because when the tested
the "life" of them, they outlasted others such as Duracel.  We have been
pumping a month now and have changed batteries once so far. Also, if you use
the remote control or the child proof, then your batteries will not last as
long. We don't use either.  I thought my five yr old would really fidget with
the pump, but he totally understands how important it is to NOT touch it and
to not let others touch it as well. I went to his school and spoke with the
children in his class and showed them the pump, the infusion set, the
inserter device and the actual Sil needle....their mouths dropped when they
saw it. But good news....no one has messed with his pump or his tubing, they
are so scared for him to have to re-insert if it comes out  or fails.
Pump-mommy to Matthew (5) dx 3/99, pumping-Paradigm since 5/1/02
and to Victoria (7), non-D
West Hartford, Conn.