Re: [IPp] Swimming

> In a message dated 6/4/2002 10:13:03 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> email @ redacted writes:
> > Also has anyone had any nasty lows approx 24 hours after that
> > kind of activity?
> We have experienced these kinds of lows. I know this is a YMMV kind
> of thing, but we now disconnect for waterparks, pools and the ocean
> because Paul is constantly riding the waves.

Hi Janice,

When Lily was younger and involved in organized sports, she would
predictably need less insulin after a weekend of tournaments. We
would gage the level of play and number of games then reduce her
basal rates appropriately for the tournament period and usually the
day after. Typically this would be 0.1u/hr less, but sometime 0.2u/hr
at night. This worked pretty well for her. YMMV.