[IPp] i had a virus... SORRY

ok.. this is real, and i have cleaned my system... just follow the
instructions & delete the file. i am so sorry.

sharon

The bad news is that you are all in my address book so
I have to tell you that you may have a computer
virus--a friend emailed me to tell me that

The virus (called jdbgmgr.exe) is not detected by
Norton or McAfee anti-virus systems yet. The virus
sits quietly for 14 days before damaging the system.
It's sent automatically by the messenger and by the
Address Book, whether or not you sent emails to your
contacts.

I have checked, found it, and deleted it.

Here's how to check for the virus and how to get rid
of it:

DO THIS:
1. Go to start, Find or Search option.
2. In the files/folder option, write the name
jdbgmgr.exe
3. Be sure you search your C: drive
4. click "find now"
5. the virus has a teddy bear icon with the name
jdbgmgr.exe
DO NOT OPEN IT
6. Right click and delete it. It will then go to the
Recycle Bin
7. Go to the Recycle Bin, right click the file, and
delete it there as well.

IF YOU FIND THE VIRUS, YOU MUST CONTACT ALL THE PEOPLE
IN YOUR ADDRESS BOOK
SO THEY CAN ERADICATE IT IN THEIR OWN ADDRESS BOOKS.

--
Sharon, mom to Gabrielle 13 dx 5/98, MDI
and Steven 7 dx 7/00, pumping!!!