[IPp] Coritsol Hormone

Thank you to everyone for giving me advice on the low blood sugars and basal
rates, etc.
Tomorrow is our big day. We go to the Children's Hosp for Matthew to have the
hormone test.  They are checking to see if he is missing the hormone called
Cortisol.  This could be a reason for his low blood sugars.  This hormone is
usually released when your body is stressed...and if your missing it then
your blood sugar drops. This is obviously worse if your a Diabetic.  If they
find that he is missing this hormone, then they will treat him with a pill
that he will take daily.  I am not quite sure how they are going to test him
for this hormone, but I imagine that he will have an I.V. inserted in his arm
for blood testing.  We are expected to be at the Hosp. for 1/2 a day.  I pray
that he is not missing this hormone, but if he is, then it will at least
explain more than half of his low blood sugars.
Pump-mommy to Matthew (5) dx 3/99, pumping-Paradigm since 5/1/02
and to Victoria (7), non-D
West Hartford, Conn.