Re: [IPp] SWIMMING

In a message dated 6/3/2002 8:37:06 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> WHAT'S EVERYONE DOING ABOUT THE POOL

Katie has a delayed reduction in BG levels for almost every kind of exercise
EXCEPT swimming -- as a result, for swimming, we set a temp basal of either
-50% or -100% (= zero basal) about a half hour before she starts swimming and
then check BGs ever hour to hour and a half.  Most times we use the -50%
basal unless the water is really cold or she's going to be especially active
in the water . . . That's what works for her, YMMV.

Lyndy
Pumpmama to Katie