Re: [IPp] Is BCG a cure for diabetes? The long road to acceptance

Sorry I took so long to respond.  Amazing how time passes when you aren't
looking.

I think this research is absolutely fascinating and very hopeful.  Dr.
Faustmann is a paradigm-buster, and I love that.  I'm also thrilled that
they are gearing up for Phase 2 trials.  On the other hand, I haven't told
Brian (my son) about this work yet because there are a LOT of questions to
address in the trials.  So often things that look promising in mice (or rats
or flatworms or whatever) don't turn out to translate to the human body.
But I am definitely keeping an eye on her work and have my metaphorical
fingers crossed....

Chris Brostrup-Jensen

http://www.latimes.com/health/boostershots/la-heb-diabetes-bcg-vaccine-06252011,0,3306778.story

http://www.latimes.com/health/boostershots/la-heb-diabetes-bcg-vaccine-06252011,0,5751099,email.story