Re: [IPp] Re: pump replacement

Tracy,

We were not with Aetna when Dan's pump went out of
warranty, but I was under the impression that insurers
covered replacement pumps when the pump went out of
warranty, since the pump companies will no longer
provide support at that point. I think you could make
a case for medical necessity on that basis -- no one
should have to rely on a mechanical device that keeps
them alive no longer having support from its
manufacturer.  That is a dangerous situation.

I would also go beyond a nurse case-manager to the
durable medical goods division of the insurer to get
info. on coverage, etc.

Mary

 Mom of Chris, 24, Carrie, 20, Dan, 16 dx 01 pumping cozmo 03, aunt and guardian
of Mike, 20, and wife of Jim