[IPp] Re: pump replacement

I wonder if anyone has any insight...

We have Aetna insurance, and I'm trying to find out what happens when Ben's
pump goes off warranty.  Animas seems to think that when the warranty
expires most insurers provide for a new pump.

A nurse case manager at Aetna advised me that we will not be able to replace
it until it breaks, and then only if it cannot be repaired!  AND even then,
I go back thru a precert procedure that requires we prove medical necessity
all over again.

Does anyone else have experience with Aetna and getting a pump replaced?

Tracy