From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf Of Lorraine Sisto
Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2008 10:44 AM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IPp] AMUSEMENT PARKS AND FAST PASSES

Each park has an administrative building near the entrance.  Just go
there and tell them you have a medical condition that precludes you
from being able to wait on long lines and they should give you a pass
that you can show at the front of each ride line.  You can tell them
you have diabetes and show them the pump or bring a letter from your
doctor, but with Disney that may not even be necessary.  I have heard
that Disney is very accommodating.  There are good discussions on
"Children with Diabetes" that can tell you more.  Someone there has a
site dedicated to how to handle D at Disney which is quite informative.

We went to Universal Studios last year and because we stayed on site,
we already had a "fast pass" so didn't explore the medical necessity
one.  We did ask for a fridge for the room and got one at no cost
because of medical need.  Sea World will give you a pass, but they
have very few rides - mostly exhibits.  The biggest thing there is the
Shamu show and there's no way of getting out of that line that I am
aware of.  On injections at the time, we ended up having to grab a hot
dog to eat while waiting on the line.

Have fun!!

Lorraine Sisto
email @ redacted

On Jul 23, 2008, at 10:32 AM, email @ redacted wrote:

> We are headed to Disney in Orlando this coming October. My daughter
> (age 10)
> and I both wear insulin pumps and are Type 1. I am very interested
> in hearing
> from people who have been there and how to register for the fast
> passes and
> other tips for not having troubles with pumps while we are there. Is
> it best to
> disconnect from the pump the entire time on the ride (we must be
> able to get on
> quickly and exit quickly) and what are other "insider" tips. Thanks
> for your
> help.
> Linda
> --
> I am doing it again! Please see my web page for the Juvenile
> Diabetes Research
> Foundation 2008 Ride to Cure Diabetes:

http://ride.jdrf.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=rideCentral.personalpage&riderID=8
006