RE: [IPp] AMUSEMENT PARKS AND FAST PASSES-Hershey

Do you know how many they allow on average? She is going with 5 other kids
tomorrow.
Thanks, Mary> Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 10:44:30 -0700> From: email @ redacted>
Subject: Re: [IPp] AMUSEMENT PARKS AND FAST PASSES-Hershey> To:
summer, and we got a disability pass. It> gave us immediate access to most
rides, although they tend to be a little> strict with how many can accompany
her. Actually, the most accomodating park> for us so far has been our hometown
Kennywood park! Have fun at Hershey!> > --- On Wed, 7/23/08, Suzanne Henbest
<email @ redacted> wrote:> > From: Suzanne Henbest <email @ redacted>>
Subject: Re: [IPp] AMUSEMENT PARKS AND FAST PASSES> To:
email @ redacted> Date: Wednesday, July 23, 2008, 10:59
AM> > I am just curious, Megan wears her pump inside her underwear and pants
with> a sports clip so the pump basically does not move. We are headed to
Hershey> Park in a couple of days, she will ride some bigger rides do you
really> think I need to disconnect her minimed? (I can't imagine it will come
out> because it is hard to access even to bolus).....however, I don't want to>
jeopardize anyone else??? I will certainly look into the pass though as my>
husband who has been T1 for 30 years has charcots disease of his feet so in>
addition to specially padded/built up shoes he can't walk long distances or> >
stand for long periods of time and I never thought about the disability> pass,
that will come in handy. It sounds like I don't need to pre-arrange> the pass
which is good. Your input would be appreciated. Suzanne> > > ----- Original
Message -----> From: "Gretchen Dudek" <email @ redacted>> To:
<email @ redacted>> Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2008 10:46
AM> Subject: Re: [IPp] AMUSEMENT PARKS AND FAST PASSES> >> > We went to Disney
almost two years ago. You are eligible for a disability> > pass from guest
services. For all rides without fast pass, you will be> > able> > to enter the
ride immediately through the exit. For those with fast pass,> > > you> > will
come back at the designated time, and get on the ride immediately.> > It's> >
very nice, as it prevents lows from standing in line in the heat. Zoey> >
kept> > her pump on for all of the rides, however, at the time she was too
little> > for> > any roller coasters. I would disconnect for those....Good
luck, and have> > loads of fun!!!!> >> > Gretchen> > Mom to Zoey, dx 9/03,
pumping 5/04, and Sweet Mia 6, who gets her tonsils> > out> > tomorrow!!!> >>
> /08, email @ redacted <email @ redacted> wrote:> >> > From:
email @ redacted <email @ redacted>> > Subject: [IPp] AMUSEMENT
PARKS AND FAST PASSES> > To: email @ redacted> > Date:
Wednesday, July 23, 2008, 10:32 AM> >> > We are headed to Disney in Orlando
this coming October. My daughter (age> > 10)> > and I both wear insulin pumps
and are Type 1. I am very interested in> > hearing> > from people who have
been there and how to register for the fast passes> > and> > other tips for
not having troubles with pumps while we are there. Is it> > best> > to> >
disconnect from the pump the entire time on the ride (we must be able to> >
get> > on> > quickly and exit quickly) and what are other "insider" tips.>
Thanks> > for your> > help.> > Linda> > --> > I am doing it again! Please see
my web page for the Juvenile Diabetes> > Research> > Foundation 2008 Ride to
Cure Diabetes:> >>
http://ride.jdrf.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=rideCentral.personalpage&riderID=80>
HELP or to subscribe/unsubscribe/change list versions,> contact:
HELP@insulin-pumpers.org