> From: email @ redacted> To: email @ redacted>
Subject: Re: [IPp] AMUSEMENT PARKS AND FAST PASSES> Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008
pump inside her underwear and pants with > a sports clip so the pump basically
does not move. We are headed to Hershey > Park in a couple of days, she will
ride some bigger rides do you really > think I need to disconnect her minimed?
(I can't imagine it will come out > because it is hard to access even to
bolus).....however, I don't want to > jeopardize anyone else??? I will
certainly look into the pass though as my > husband who has been T1 for 30
years has charcots disease of his feet so in > addition to specially
padded/built up shoes he can't walk long distances or > stand for long periods
of time and I never thought about the disability > pass, that will come in
handy. It sounds like I don't need to pre-arrange > the pass which is good.
Your input would be appreciated. Suzanne> > > ----- Original Message ----- >
From: "Gretchen Dudek" <email @ redacted>> To:
<email @ redacted>> Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2008 10:46
AM> Subject: Re: [IPp] AMUSEMENT PARKS AND FAST PASSES> >> > We went to Disney
almost two years ago. You are eligible for a disability> > pass from guest
services. For all rides without fast pass, you will be > > able> > to enter
the ride immediately through the exit. For those with fast pass, > > you> >
will come back at the designated time, and get on the ride immediately. > >
It's> > very nice, as it prevents lows from standing in line in the heat. Zoey
> > kept> > her pump on for all of the rides, however, at the time she was too
little > > for> > any roller coasters. I would disconnect for those....Good
luck, and have> > loads of fun!!!!> >> > Gretchen> > Mom to Zoey, dx 9/03,
pumping 5/04, and Sweet Mia 6, who gets her tonsils > > out> > tomorrow!!!> >>
> /08, email @ redacted <email @ redacted> wrote:> >> > From:
email @ redacted <email @ redacted>> > Subject: [IPp] AMUSEMENT
PARKS AND FAST PASSES> > To: email @ redacted> > Date:
Wednesday, July 23, 2008, 10:32 AM> >> > We are headed to Disney in Orlando
this coming October. My daughter (age > > 10)> > and I both wear insulin pumps
and are Type 1. I am very interested in > > hearing> > from people who have
been there and how to register for the fast passes > > and> > other tips for
not having troubles with pumps while we are there. Is it > > best> > to> >
disconnect from the pump the entire time on the ride (we must be able to > >
get> > on> > quickly and exit quickly) and what are other "insider" tips.
Thanks> > for your> > help.> > Linda> > --> > I am doing it again! Please see
my web page for the Juvenile Diabetes> > Research> > Foundation 2008 Ride to
Cure Diabetes:> >
http://ride.jdrf.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=rideCentral.personalpage&riderID=80>
HELP or to subscribe/unsubscribe/change list versions,> contact:
HELP@insulin-pumpers.org