From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf Of Mary Donovan
Sent: Friday, 11 July 2008 11:51 AM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IPp] Lesson Learned

Michael,
What a bad day.  Thank heavens the warrenty kicked in.
 And you're not alone in living dangerously. Dan
hasn't disconnected for amusement parks since the
first year he was on the pump, five years ago.  But
someone recently posted that animas, at least,
recommends disconnecting because of the
electromagnetism from the ride (Deltec told me they'd
never heard of that).  So I guess with your story, now
there are two reasons to unplug!

Question, though:  for those who disconnect for rides,
how do you do it logistically?  The first year, when I
made Dan disconnect, I stood in the hour-long lines
next to him and had him unplug and hand me the pump
just for the 2 minute ride.  He hated it, and I
obviously don't go with him anymore since he's 17.  Do
you just have the kid put the pump in the bin with all
the hats and stuff, where it's not secure, or do you
have him lock it up in a locker, where it'll be
inaccessible because the lockers are few and far
between?  Or do you just go with lantus for the day
and bolus only for meals?

Mary

 Mom of Chris, 24, Carrie, 20, Dan, 16 dx 01 pumping cozmo 03, aunt and
guardian
of Mike, 20, and wife of Jim