[IPp] SeaWorld Replaces Lost Insulin Pump For Local Boy

http://www.10news.com/news/16785158/detail.html SeaWorld Replaces Lost
Insulin Pump For Local Boy

POSTED: 4:03 pm PDT July 3, 2008
UPDATED: 6:28 pm PDT July 3, 2008

 *SAN DIEGO -- *Keith Griffin is just like any other kid again.

"I'm happy to have this back," said Keith, referring to his insulin pump.

Keith relies on the pump, which allows him freedom from painful needles.

He lost his $6,000 insulin pump last month while on a field trip to
SeaWorld.

"I was changing my pants so I could go on a water ride and I forgot it in
there. About five minutes later, we went back, we looked in the same stall
and it wasn't there. We checked in every place," said Keith.

Unable to find his pump, it was looking like the use of needles was back to
stay.

Keith said he would be facing three to four needle injections without the
pump.

Realizing that a human pin cushion isn't what being a kid is about, a donor
came through.

"SeaWorld said they would pay for it, and now they paid for it. We got the
check yesterday or Tuesday, and now we have this new one," said Keith.

SeaWorld did not want publicity, but a representative said they were happy
to help Keith.

Keith is still in disbelief.

"Thank you very much for doing this. I really owe you for doing this," said
Keith.

--
Rachel - email @ redacted
http://picasaweb.google.com/rachelncole