[IPp] Re: Omnipod customer service

To Lisa Hepner,
    I am not sure that I would let the behavior of the  sales representative
for Omnipod sway you if that's the pump you truly  think you are interested
 in. I would however call the company's customer service and ask them questions
and see how they respond. When we have problems we never  deal with the sales
rep, only the company's customer service.
     I know nothing about the Omnipod pump, maybe it  was out 3 years ago
 when my 20 year old daughter went on the pump, but if so we had not heard of
it.
My daughter took 3 years starting at age 18 looking  at the different pumps
 and having the sales reps from 3 companies out every year, the Cozmo, Minimed,
and Animas. The reps changed with Minimed each time,  the reps from the other
two companies were the same. Animas was by leaps and  bounds the nicest rep,
and maybe that might have swayed me, but NOT my daughter  who was going to
 wear the pump. She had to like it, since she was so hesitant about wearing one
in college. Each year she liked the Animas the best, and  finally that is the
one she chose and she still loves it. When she finally  went on the pump the
 sales rep changed for Animas in our area, and he was not nearly as good as the
one that we had met 3 years prior. And since then,  there is even a third
different sales rep. But we have never had to deal with  the sales rep after
 purchasing the pump, we only deal with customer service and they have been very
accessible and very helpful always.
    Good luck with your decision. My daughter now LOVES  being on the pump
and once in awhile has some frustrations and I say, well you  can go back to
shots, and she refuses.     Sincerely,  another Lisa, mom to Michelle, age 22,
dx'd at age 3

In a message dated 7/3/2008 9:16:39 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,