Re: [IPp] Re: Difficult basal rates; Was choosing a pump and using a Continous Glucose Monitor

I totally agree with David (who, by the way, taught me almost 3 years ago
over the phone how to dilute insulin - wasn't that nice?).  We  started with
U10 (10% insulin), then U25 (25% insulin), and are now using U50 insulin
(equal parts diluent and insulin).  Those changes have been made as her
insulin needs have increased.  Even basal changes of 0.025 uph is sometimes
too much for Andrea.  Diluting really helps us.  Plus, Andrea's correction
factor is 480 (used to be 600), so diluting is a must unless you want to
manually calculate correction doses (which I don't).

If anyone wants more info on diluting, I pasted together (for someone on
another list) a whole bunch of emails that had been exchanged about diluting
- pros/cons, things to watch out for, how to get the supplies, etc..  Email
me if you would like to read it.

-Natalie

--
Mama to 4 wonderful children - and 1 on the way!
Andrea Jean 4/99 - dx 1/28/03, pumping Cozmo 10/2/03 - diluted H (U50)