[IPp] Summer Heat

We have been having lots of problems with Natalie in the summer heat. She is
3 = and has been on the Animas 1250 since January (diagnosed last August).
We have a summer place in Sonoma County and the temperature is generally in
the high 90s this time of year. Two weeks ago we were out at a playground
for an hour or two and that night she was sky-high. It seems that the
insulin got cooked, because things didnt get better until we changed the
cartridge that night. Then this past weekend, we were at the pool and pretty
much the same thing happened  she was up around 450 at one point!

The whole thing is too much of a crisis for my wife and me. Does anyone have
these problems with the heat? What strategies do you use? We are thinking
about whether we would be better off switching to injections and
Humalog/Lantus (if its even possible to go back and forth).

Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

Eric Cohen