[IPp] Just started pumping...infusion set problems!!!

My six year old daughter just started with her pump on Thursday.  We're
checking her sugar every 2 hours and making daily adjustments to her basal
rates and such.  Things are coming along in that department, BUT...we've
already had to change her set four times because of itching, pain, or
irritation.

Twice now, when I've removed her set for changing (keeping in mind that
she's yet to keep a set in for more than 24 hours at a time!), I've found
areas of irritation--not near the cannula, and not under the adhesive--but
in-between.  It looks like an angry, red rash and it occurs in a nearly
perfect circle pattern between the cannula entry, and inside the adhesive
residue left when the set's removed.  We've been using the Cleo 90 sets and
we have a Cozmo pump.

I've been talking to the trainer daily and keeping her updated with all of
this.  I JUST now changed her set for the fourth or fifth time since
starting on the pump, and this time I put down IV3000 before
insertion...maybe that will protect her skin?  If this doesn't work, I'm
feeling like we're about to have to change the type of set we use.  Which is
a shame, because I REALLY like the design of the Cleo 90.

Has anyone else used the Cleo 90 and had a problem like this?  Is there
something similar on the market that won't cause this type of problem???
Any tips on how we can solve this problem w/o switching sets?

Lori :o)
Sleep-deprived mom to
Crystal, 6, dx 1/13/03
Emily, 4