Re: [IPp] infusion sets for skitterish girl

My daughter is 5 and thin (35 lbs).She uses the Silhouette by minimed and  we
use the
Sil-Serter. I had an infusion set put on me before she got hers to see  how
 it would feel and there was no pain -- a little itch for about 2-3 minutes but
that is all (my 2 cents worth).

I had to change her set at 2am one morning (I know -- I know...you  shouldn't
change a set 2 hours before you go to sleep but I was not up to giving  her
 shots due to a messed up set) anyway ... she did not flinch with the insertion
or removal of the old one.
The only problem I have with the Silhouette is .. when I have to take  the
pump off due to pool or whatever I have a hard time gripping the connector
needle (I think that is what it is) to remove it and she fusses a little.

So so far we are happy with that type.
BTW, we only use her butt, we will try the stomach next week at the  Endo's
office (mom is afraid! lol)

Tracy in VA