Re: [IPp] temporary basal rates on long car journeys

It is sort of trail and error, and depends on how small/large his basals are
currently.  I have tried 120% for the time in the car, and that was not
quite enough, but that resulted in such a small actual change.  I would try
the max the pump will allow (ours is 140%) and see if that works (temporary
basal rate).   I have also thought of setting up a separate basal pattern
with higher levels for travel.  The best approach is probably test, test,
test....and correct as necessary while you tweak it this first time.  Good
luck.  Have a great trip.

--
Kristen - mom of Katie (14), Joe (12) and Will (10, dxd 3/05, pumping Cosmo
since 1/06!!)