From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf Of Jennifer
White
Sent: Tuesday, July 18, 2006 2:53 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: RE: [IPp] Continuous Monitoring Insurance Coverage

Joy,
I am so sorry that you have had such a hard time so far.  I believe that
Continuous Monitoring takes way more time to get used to than it did for
a pump.  It has a huge learning curve.

When we started with the sensors it took us 5 sensors (15 days) before
we felt like this was something we would want to tolerate.  Now we
wouldn't want to be without it.

If I had a toddler and knew what I know now about this device, I would
want to always be on the cutting edge.  It is a great time to jump in
with this with a company that is willing to continually offer you
upgrades.  Things are moving so fast, that the things that we don't like
today will be soon issues of the past.

This sensing is not about matching the meter exactly (meter also has a
relatively high error reading) it is about catching a 200 before it
becomes a 300.  It is about catching a 70 before it becomes a 53.  It
has taken us awhile, but we really trust the sensor over the fingerstick
in most istances.

My 11 year old son wears one sensor for 4 days (we have a trick for
extending it) about 3 times a month.  This allows my husband and I to
sleep through the night on these nights and we get to analyze the basal
rates.

If they said that you have 30 days, you might want to try it a few more
times before you make a decision.  If I had made a decision the first 5
sensors we had in, we would have returned it for sure.

Jenny