Re: [IPp] OK, now I'm getting mad!

Melissa,
Maybe your prepping too much..  How about just using an alcohol pad,
mastisol, and then the inset.
Jesse just alcohols and sticks the inset in, we live by the beach and he
swims in the ocean and pool all day. We very rarely have a site fall  off...
Stacey

Please help.  This is the process I've been using to get sites to  stick
(thanks to ideas from the list)

*Clean area with "Dawn"  dishwashing  liquid (to remove any possible oily
residue from numbing  cream)

*Clean with alcohol

*Wipe with IV Prep

*Apply  mastisol, rather thickly and fan until dry and tacky

*Insert Inset  site

*Put on tegaderm patch, with hole cut in center for site (tried  IV3000 in
past, came right off in water)

I'm getting so  frustrated;  they're still coming off from being in water
(sweat not  really a factor).  Today Mollie and I went to a play date and the
kids  had a wading pool and slip & slide.  Played in water for maybe 1  hour.
Before we went, I reattached the loose edges of the tegaderm with  more
mastisol.  We were home an hour or two, and noticed the darn thing  had come
out.  The top edge was still stuck, the bottom was loose and  had allowed the
canula to come out and fold over.  I'M GETTING SO  FRUSTRATED!  I want Mollie
to be able to swim and play in the water like  other kids.  What am I doing
wrong?  The only other thing I can  think of is to put on a 2nd tegaderm
patch, at a 90 degree angle to the  first.

Any other suggestions?  Thanks in  advance.

Melissa
Married to Tom 20 years
Mom to Jono (12 yrs),  Jacob (7 yrs)
and Mollie ( 3 yrs, dx 9-16-05, pumping Animas  12-12-05)
Hastings, Nebraska

"I know God will not give me anything I  can't handle. I just wish that He
didn't trust me so much."
---Mother  Teresa

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a  name of
faint_grain.jpg]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type  image/gif which had a name  of
imstp_usa.gif]