Re: [IPp] untethering

>>Hi Stacy,
Why did you choose to do untethering???  Can you  remind me how that works??
Jamie Anderson-mom to Zachary(13 Dx 7/05 and  pumping since 8/05), Cleo(10 Dx
3/04 and pumping since 11/04), Jamison(7),  and Addalyn(1)

Jesse chose to untether for the summer because we live by  the beach and its
a real hassle to be attached to his pump . He's in the ocean  for hours a day
. He swims, plays paddleball, and runs around the beach club all  day long.
When pumping, he'd have to reattach every hr or so to deliver  his missed
 bolus. He was always Hi or Lo... and I always had to worry that he'd
accidentally
jump in the ocean and lose the pump....
This way he is free from the pump, unless he wants to eat..  then he  just
 attaches ,boluses and reattaches.. He would rather do this than take 10 shots
of novolog a day..
You can read more about it in this article:
_http://www.childrenwithdiabetes.com/clinic/untethered.htm_
(http://www.childrenwithdiabetes.com/clinic/untethered.htm)

Stacey