Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 06:34:58 -0600
From: "Allison Kane" <email @ redacted>
Subject: RE: [IPp] Re: [IP]Disetronic notice - seeking summary

We received our notice today. It doesn't say "Recall" at all. It does say
that the FDA "has determined that our manufacturing processes are not in
substantial compliance with the regulations." Based on this, they have
"decided not to ship D-TRONplus insulin pumps to any new customers until
have imporoved our manufacturing processes..." The two problems mentioned
the letter are piston rods sticking and the keypads puncturing because
user used a sharp object to press the keypad.

! We've had nothing but great customer service from Disetronic, and I am
that they will fix this and take care of their customers.

- --
Mom to Tarek, age 10, IDDM, dx 11-16-1998
Pumping DTron since 1-12-2001
Novolog since 5-24-02
Using FreeStyle meter
Denver, Colorado