Re: [IPp] Re: [IP]Disetronic notice - seeking summary

 Thank you for bringing this to the group. My daughter has been on the Dtron
Plus since May and we just had it replaced due to an electronic error. We asked
about our back up pump and they didn't know when they would be availble. They
were very accommodating and got us the new replacement pump quickly. It's
disappointing to have this informaiton come out after the pumps are on the
market and not be sent directly to those using the pump in some way. I haven't
recieved any informaiton until this email and spoke with Disetronic last Friday.
Karan

 "Rodney F. Mead, Jr." <email @ redacted> wrote: Insulin Pumpers is made possible
by your tax deductible contributions.

Pumpers and Friends,
Well, I did hear from Disetronic. If you like to read about what is
going on goto their main page click on Important Notice to Customers
when it will take you to
http://www.disetronic-usa.com/insulin-pumps-notice.htm

click on H-tron and goto http://www.disetronic-usa.com/htronletter.htm and
read FAQ and the leter too. In it you will see links to FDA site to read
more about the problems??? As soon as possible Disetronic will be doing a
chat. Hope to set a date asap, so watch for my chat post.

REMEMBER TO SMILE AND BE HAPPY

Rodney

> If you like to read a copy of letter goto: you will need Adobe Reader
> view file
>
> http://www.disetronic-usa.com/pdf/htrondusa.pdf
>
> I hope this helps with what you are asking. I did try to call and ask
about
> it but had a problem (I hate waiting on hold)on the phone. But will try
> again later. I know that staff from Disetronic are members of IP; I hope
> someone could please call or send me a note about this . If I can setup a
> time to do a IP Chat to talk about this with someone from Disetronic, I
will
> send out a Special chat post. As I have both a set of a H-tron v100 and a
> H-TronPlus v100, that all work (only have one that timed out on me, had
> great ins. program at work :-) )so I would like to know if I should still
> use them. Being on Medicare now is a problem now. When I find out more
info
> I will share it with the group.
>
> REMEMBER TO SMILE AND BE HAPPY
>
> Rodney
> >Ok,
> >here is where i admit to getting too much mail.
> >
> >I saw and read a few posts on the Disetronic recall,
> >however i originally thought it was D-Tron only. Well
> >apparently it's H-Tron too. (and here i just skimmed).
> >
> >I just searched my inbox and there are over 200 emails
> >with 'recall' or "d-tron" in the message.
> >
> >I've been on H-tron Plus for going on 7 years now with
> >no incidents i couldn't explain. I don't swim or bathe
> >in it without a plastic bag at least, though i used to.
> >This is my last pair before i have to get a whole new
> >pump. I'm inclined to just sit on it and worry if
> >something happens only.
> >
> >The text of the letter isn't exactly heartening, but
> >neither is it inflamatory. I'll talk to my endo in a
> >few months and see if he has a suggestion, but if
> >anybody summarized the recall discussion and can send
> >it to me off-list or on i'd really appreciate it.
> >
> >Miki
> >

> >--
> >Miki Tracey
> >email @ redacted