[IPp] Fw: more advice

-------Original Message-------

From: H2O Pool Service
Date: Sunday, July 20, 2003 9:07:14 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: more advice

Demi' did her first site change today. She was soooo nervous! As soon as it
was in, she was so happy..she didn't feel a thing. She always did most all
her own injections, and she is very independent, so she has done both sites
herself. I have actually not done it yet! She is so good! I was happy to see
that there was no irritation from the tape on the comforts after it was
removed. What I have heard is a common problem. Her site looked ok also. a
little hole, slightly pink around the hole, but looks good now. She is
remembering to bolus everytime and is not taking it off now. She is so brave
 Truly my hero....I have been reading about the extended bolus. Does
everyone use that much? How often is it truly used? Also, I was wondering, I
know how often they SAY to change the site, but how often do most kids TRULY
change. In other words, whats the average time you can really get out of a
site. I know it's different for everyone, but I know my daily wear contacts
say throw away after a day, but I can easily get an extra day or two out of
it. I've heard that it's not healthy for the tissue after the 3rd day.....
Any words...Anyone??????
 Minde' -Mom of Demi' -age 10 dx.8/8/97 pumping saline w/Animas7/17/03 going
"live"  7/21/03 w/ Humalog. Also mom of Shea-13, Brandon-15....Both nons.