[IPp] Testing only 4 times a day.

I am new to the list - we are not pumping yet but our pushing for it.
Even without the pump Elliott tests a minimum of 4 (hardly ever) but
usually 6-10 depending on how he feels and what activities he is in.
Insurance wouldn't give me more than 300 strips a month because it
wasn't "medically necessary". I am still doing battle on that one. So if
we need additional strips I have to go buy them - not cheap. I am saving
receipts in hopes to get reimbursed. Good Luck!

Jennifer, Mom to Elliott (8) dx'd 10-02, Elyce 3 and wife to Eric,
Plano, Texas

Yep, that's what Cole's new Endo is saying. I could just scream!!!!
> He is the only Ped Endo here in town but I'm beginning to think that
> is what all Endo's say anymore (this is our 4th Ped Endo due to
> moving). I talked to his nurse today that will be managing Cole & he
> told me I am a "bit excessive" to test more than 6 times a day (we
> test anywhere from 7-9 times a day... sometimes more, sometimes less).

> I feel like telling them to take Cole for a week to see if they can
> have him under control off 4 times a day BG testing.

For diabetes care, there is nothing "magic" about a peds endo. See if
there is a more accomodating adult endo in town that has pump
patients.
BTW, members of the IP forums test 7 times a day on the average. That
number include those who try harder as well as those who aren't yet
motivated. See: