Re: [IPp] opinions about pumps

I have no idea if puberty has even hit yet!  No noticeable signs anyway yet.
All I know is we have had NO similar nights lately!
Last night was the worst!  Rachel was high (over 400) at supper time.
 Did correction.
She ate gluten free pizza.  Did bolus for that.  Then we got busy for 4
hours with other things -
should've known to test her sooner... She was 559 at 9:45!  Did 4 unit
insulin injection in
her arm and immediately changed her site (only had been 2 days).  Pushed
fluids also after we
checked and she had small ketones.  Needless to say - up every 2 hours
checking to be sure
she was down, pump was working, and ketones were gone.  Then at 4 am she
is 99 -
lowered basal to .5 (instead of .6) and gave her 2 skittles.   She was
75 at 5 am - gave her
couple more - 7 am - 64 ---- so she had juice and a cheese stick.   Not
a good night!
Then today she's high before lunch - correction - she didn't want much
lunch.  Then
she calls a little bit ago - 46!   Not sure what's going on!  Anybody
else have these problems?
Only thing I can even think of was we were at funeral dinner yesterday
and there wasn't alot
she could eat - except mashed potatoes - and she used 4 little cups of
margarine - no carbs -
but sure it's loaded with calories.  But, we're not supposed to do bolus
for calories anymore
are we???  Any ideas?
Thanks for listening.
Cathy, Mom to RAchel 11, dx diabetes 9/93, celiac 1/02, thyroid 7/02,
pumping 10/02