From: email @ redacted
Sent: Monday, July 07, 2003 5:44 AM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IPp] Infusion sets

Insulin Pumpers is made possible by your tax deductible contributions. Your
donation of $10, $25, or more... just $1 or $2 per month is
needed so that Insulin Pumpers can continue to serve you and the rest of the
diabetes community. Please visit:

My son is six years old and only weighs 50lbs, he is very lean everywhere.
Therefor we use the Silhouettes and insert in the upper buttock area only.  I
have tried his lower back, but he complained that it hurt.  I have never had a
site fail or fall out and we've been pumping for over a year now.  In the
 summer when we swim I simply put the IV3000 tape over the site and I cut a
 small hole to go over the actual site so it is easy to disconnect to swim. The
 silhouette needle is scary looking, but I can assure you that it does not hurt
 a bit when inserted. My son will cry if he gets a paper cut but never has cried

over a site change.
Good luck.
Sarah  :)   Single- Mom to Matthew (6) MM Paradigm since May 2002, dxd 3/99
and Victoria (8) Non-D...Love My kids!