Re: [IPp] Infusion sets

Catherine,

My son is six years old and only weighs 50lbs, he is very lean everywhere.
Therefor we use the Silhouettes and insert in the upper buttock area only.  I
have tried his lower back, but he complained that it hurt.  I have never had a
site fail or fall out and we've been pumping for over a year now.  In the
 summer when we swim I simply put the IV3000 tape over the site and I cut a
small
hole to go over the actual site so it is easy to disconnect to swim.  The
 silhouette needle is scary looking, but I can assure you that it does not hurt
a bit
when inserted.  My son will cry if he gets a paper cut but never has cried
over a site change.
Good luck.
Sarah  :)   Single- Mom to Matthew (6) MM Paradigm since May 2002, dxd 3/99
and Victoria (8) Non-D...Love My kids!
 <A
HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/msmom1973/myhomepage/profile.html">http://hometown.aol.com/msmom1973/myhomepage/profile.html</A>