[IPp] Re: Vaccines

In a message dated 04/07/2003 1:04:17 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> now personally (remember this is me and me only) I would take my chances
> with the shots
> Brian Carter

Hi Brian,
       Its a really tough decision isn't it?  A worry about vaccines, or a
worry about the chance of catching a disease that a vaccine would have/might
have prevented.  When my son got the BCG vaccine, I was definitely in the mind
 that it was a good thing. It is not a vaccine routinely given in North America
(we were living in the UK at the time), however, he wants to be a journalist
when he is grown and travel all over the world, and as I knew someone who
 picked up TB when working on his PhD. in Yugoslavia, I thought it could be
for the future.  I'm not pleased that now I have to agonize over whether his
 siblings should receive vaccines or not. They received all their "young" ones,
it is the 10 and older ones I must make decisions about.

Barbara, Mum of Claire 9