RE: [IPp] Finally talked to superintendent

Dear America,

Thank you so much for your support.  I might just take you up on that
offer to drive to NJ, if push comes to shove and rallying comes into
play......lol.....all are welcomed.......party at my place!  BYOB, we're
going to need it!

Cindy

>From: America Perez-Garcia >Reply-To:
email @ redacted >To:
"'email @ redacted'" >Subject: RE: [IPp] Finally
talked to superintendent >Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 10:34:24 -0500 > >Cindy
Keep on fighting for her rights and all the kids after her that will
>encounter this stupidintendent. I live in Chicago and I'm willing to
drive >to New Jersey to show my support. >Good Luck! Just let us know if
you need us. >America > > > > Dear All, You are all going to just love
this one. The superintendent > > finally called me back today (what's it
been? A week?) Anyway, he feels > > that it is best for Jessy, her
classmates, and her teacher for her to go > > to the nurse to check her
blood sugars until at least December, and then > > we can re-evaluate her
situation......lol. I'm sure you all know exactly > > what that means.
"According to his lawyers" it would be more disruptive > > done in class
then her getting up and just leaving every two hours, there > > would be
a problem if one of the "curious" other students got into her > > testing
case, and my personal favorite, the bodily fluid issue. I, of > > course
had a reply for every one of his "problems", but he just countered > >
every one of them. I am tired. I am tired of fighting with this man, I >
> am tired of the other parents' "feelings" thrown up in my face (which,
by > > the way, he is supposedly going to let the other parents "i! n on
this" > > to get their feelings on this issue.......hmmmmm.........wonder
how he'll > > word this one. I don't want to give up for Jessy, but I
don't want to > > make enemies out of these people, not only does Jessy
have 3 more years > > at this school, but I have 2 other children who
will be going to this > > school, too. What do I do? Do I let this go? Do
I fight? Is it that > > big of a deal? I thought it was, but now I am
second guessing myself > > because I am tired of fighting with these
people. I need your input on > > this one. You have all ALWAYS helped me
before, let me know your ideas > > on this.Thank you once again,Cindy > >
>Cindy, (hug, hug, I know you need some) > >I know you're tired of
fighting this. We all are, but don't give up or give >in. The law in on
JESSY's side! You might think that it is no big deal to >go to the
nurse's office this year because it's so close, but what about >years to
come. Right now you'll be setting a precident for the years to >come. How
do you want things to be in the future? If you give in now it >will be
harder in the following years at school. You CAN hang tough. You >have
the law and all of us POPers behind you and with you on this!! Don't